Create a leading reputation of academic and applied research and expertise in the context of vitality-related societal challenges
- develop a distinctive and innovative methodology for transdisciplinary vitality related living lab research
- publish high quality articles and dissertations in scientific venues open to transdisciplinary contributions
- translate the knowledge generated in individual projects of VA back to the context of Vitality Academy mission and vision, and built upon them for future research (calls and collaborations)
- Apply for (NWO/NWA, ZonMw, EU) research grants on vital lifestyle, transdisciplinary science, and (methodologies for) inclusive research in living labs WITH and FOR all relevant actors and people in vulnerable positions
- further develop the Vitality Data Centre into a usable, easily accessible, and open access digital tool for Vitality Academy education and research projects
Map and broadcast the societal impact of VA research
- deliver, map and show the evidence of successful implementation of our research in living labs (i.e., we contribute to policy development to support vital life; through co-creation & participatory design deliver tools to empower the involved ecosystem actors, partners, and network)
- create dense local research hubs related to our living labs by investing in our network of local stakeholders/partners, and expand this network with public and private national/regional parties in the health (including insurance), sport, and social and spatial domain
- develop a sustainable research approach in our living labs, by creating dense local research hubs which is fed by, and builds upon our past/current research and the needs/activities of our partners/network
- strive for structurally funded research and consultancy practices (combined with education) in our living labs which is commissioned by our stakeholders/network
- Team science
Transdisciplinary collaboration between designers, engineers, public health and social scientists.
- Living labs and Living lab approach
Researchers working closely together with stakeholders in real life settings.
- Applied research
Open to contract research and consultancy.